Eastern Bulgaria Braces for Blizzard
Eastern Bulgaria is facing another blizzard over the next few days, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology warns Saturday.
The forecast is for strong winds and heavy snow, which will create dangerous driving conditions.
It is already snowing in the Black Sea capital of Varna, but roads, including the “Hemus” highway, are open for traffic.
Wet roads are reported in the Plovdiv and Shumen Regions while there is heavy snow in the areas of the cities of Smolyan, Kuystendil and Vidin.
Driving is treacherous on I-8 (Е-80) – Kalotina – Sofia – Plovdiv – Svilengrad and on the “Trakiya” highway.
There is also dense fog in Eastern and Northern Bulgaria around Dobrich, Tervel, Berkovitsa and Pleven.
- » Spring Cleaning Campaign in Sofia Begins
- » Sunshine until Noon, Rain Showers later on in some Places in South Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Starts the Week with Nice Weather
- » 4.5 Magnitude Earthquake Hit the Greek Island of Zakynthos
- » UN: 2018 was the most Negative for the Climate
- » Spring Returns to Bulgaria with Full Force