Eastern Bulgaria Braces for Blizzard
Eastern Bulgaria is facing another blizzard over the next few days, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology warns Saturday.
The forecast is for strong winds and heavy snow, which will create dangerous driving conditions.
It is already snowing in the Black Sea capital of Varna, but roads, including the “Hemus” highway, are open for traffic.
Wet roads are reported in the Plovdiv and Shumen Regions while there is heavy snow in the areas of the cities of Smolyan, Kuystendil and Vidin.
Driving is treacherous on I-8 (Е-80) – Kalotina – Sofia – Plovdiv – Svilengrad and on the “Trakiya” highway.
There is also dense fog in Eastern and Northern Bulgaria around Dobrich, Tervel, Berkovitsa and Pleven.
- » Europe Is Preparing Itself for the Day of the Dreadful Heat
- » Hot and Sunny, without Rainfalls
- » New Type of Pollution: Plastic Waste Is Already Incrusting in the Rocks
- » Yellow Code for Intense Rainfall and Thunderstorms in 10 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Rain Showers Accompanied by Thunder, Code Yellow Warning Code For 5 Regions in the Country
- » Over 9,200 ha of Corn Completely Damaged by Hail in Central Bulgaria