Eastern Bulgaria Braces for Blizzard
Eastern Bulgaria is facing another blizzard over the next few days, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology warns Saturday.
The forecast is for strong winds and heavy snow, which will create dangerous driving conditions.
It is already snowing in the Black Sea capital of Varna, but roads, including the “Hemus” highway, are open for traffic.
Wet roads are reported in the Plovdiv and Shumen Regions while there is heavy snow in the areas of the cities of Smolyan, Kuystendil and Vidin.
Driving is treacherous on I-8 (Е-80) – Kalotina – Sofia – Plovdiv – Svilengrad and on the “Trakiya” highway.
There is also dense fog in Eastern and Northern Bulgaria around Dobrich, Tervel, Berkovitsa and Pleven.
- » The Ice Cover on Earth is Warming
- » Bulgarian Activists Win Case to Save UNESCO-listed Forest in Pirin National Park
- » Mostly Sunshine with Variable Clouds in Bulgaria, Highs between 7° and 12°C
- » Rare Bird Species Recorded During Wintering Waterbird Count in Bulgaria
- » 10 Incidents with Radioactive Sources Registered in Bulgaria in 2018
- » Warning Issued as Australia's Heat Wave Hits Record Highs