Bulgaria Farmers Receive Late 2009 Land Subsidies
The Bulgarian Agriculture Ministry has announced that the unpaid per decare direct subsidies for 2009 are currently being handed out to farmers.
The BGN 302 M payments of which BGN 150 M is national co-financing are currently being transferred to farmers’ bank accounts. Another BGN 102 M of EU and national funding is being paid for 4000 agriculture land projects and BGN 50 M for non-farmed areas.
In December 2009 payments of BGN 503 M were made to farmers from the EU funding per decare of land – BGN 16,23. The current national co-financing adds an extra BGN 7,55 on to this payment.
Bulgarian farmers protested on a small scale in December 2009 over the late payments but after re-assurances from Bulgaria Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, they cancelled their action.
- » Forum "Women. Technology. Time" Held in Sofia
- » Clear Sky until Noon, some Clouds later Today in East Bulgaria, Highs Between 14-19°C
- » 12 Wine-Culinary Destinations of Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Nurses are Again Protesting, they do not Believe the Promise of the Health Minister
- » Taxi Drivers in Sofia are Protesting
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria