Bulgaria Farmers Receive Late 2009 Land Subsidies
The Bulgarian Agriculture Ministry has announced that the unpaid per decare direct subsidies for 2009 are currently being handed out to farmers.
The BGN 302 M payments of which BGN 150 M is national co-financing are currently being transferred to farmers’ bank accounts. Another BGN 102 M of EU and national funding is being paid for 4000 agriculture land projects and BGN 50 M for non-farmed areas.
In December 2009 payments of BGN 503 M were made to farmers from the EU funding per decare of land – BGN 16,23. The current national co-financing adds an extra BGN 7,55 on to this payment.
Bulgarian farmers protested on a small scale in December 2009 over the late payments but after re-assurances from Bulgaria Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, they cancelled their action.
- » 250 965 BGN Are Assignеd for Students' Scholarships for Sports Successes
- » Strike Stops Ferries in Greece on July 3
- » The Bulgarian Government Approved the CETA
- » Yellow Code for Intense Rainfall and Thunderstorms in 10 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Most Often, Students Start Using Drugs at the Age of 16-18 Years
- » Rain Showers Accompanied by Thunder, Code Yellow Warning Code For 5 Regions in the Country