Bulgaria Vancouver Olympic Team Given Presidential Send Off
Bulgaria President Georgi Parvanov has officially handed the Bulgarian flag to the Bulgarian Olympic team ahead of them leaving to prepare for the Vancouver Winter Olympics that start February 12.
Parvanov handed the flag to the President of the Bulgarian Olympic Committee, Stefka Kostadinova, and Bulgarian flag-bearer - young snowboard star Alexandra Jekova. Sports Minister, Svilen Neykov, also joined the official ceremony.
Parvanov stated: "This is a traditional ceremony, a ritual that I hope will give you strength, courage and energy to our Olympians.”
He concluded; “I would like to give the warmest wishes for success on behalf of all the Bulgarian institutions. We are here to show that all our institutions are consolidated in support of our sports and we hope that athletes will meet in a more festive atmosphere after the Games, honoring a truly worthy performance. Good luck! "
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Forbes: Roger Federer is the Highest-Paid Athlete in the World
- » 116 Years of FIFA: Here Are Some Facts
- » Bulgarian Football Teams Could Train in Groups Again
- » Football Championship in Bulgaria to be Resumed on 5 June
- » Bulgaria: Swimming Pools and Tennis Courts Re-open with Restrictions
- » PM Shinzo Abe: The Tokyo Olympics Won't be Held unless the Coronavirus Pandemic is Contained