Bulgaria Charity Concert Collects over BGN 0,8 M for Haiti Children
The Tuesday night charity concert “Hope for the Children of Haiti” organized by the TV channel bTV and UNICEF Bulgaria has collected BGN 0,8 M.
The amount was last reported by bTV Wednesday at noon.
The TV channel and UNICEF Bulgaria joined through the event the international effort to collect funds for Haiti, which was hit by a devastating earthquake on January 12.
More than 150 of Bulgaria's most popular actors, musicians, politicians,ambassadors, businessmen and celebrities donated money and/ or their performances to the Haiti relief fund while well-known bTV anchors, journalists, talk show hosts and reporters took turns every 30 minutes to answer the phones.
The concert aired live and lasted over 4 hours, including the late night news program and the late night “Slavi Trifonov Show.” The event was hosted by one of the top bTV news anchors, Ani Salich.
Salich says she will be going to Haiti in person at the end of the month.
The phone lines are still open for those wishing to donate funds for Haiti's children. The money can be send via short text message to all mobile operators or a phone call to the 1021 number. Donations are also accepted through bank transfers to the UNICEF account – Raiffeisen Bank, BG34 RZBB 9155 1065 0349 19 or online through UNICEF.bg.
- » Interesting Folklore Programme and Authentic Recipes for the Visitors to the Yoghurt Festival in Western Bulgaria
- » Only 40% of Bulgarians Consider Vaccines as Safe
- » Pandas in the Zoo in Moscow Listen to Putin's Voice
- » Chinese Scientists Explore the Mariana Trough
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather, Maximum Temperatures Between 27°C and 32°C
- » Francofolies Blagoevgrad Festival Attracts Attention in Bulgaria and Abroad