Bulgaria Receives 25 SandCat Armored Vehicles from Israel
The Bulgaria Defense Ministry has received the delivery of 25 SandCat vehicles from the Israeli-based company Plasan.
The armored 4x4 vehicles were delivered after Plasan, in cooperation with Oshkosh Defense, after it fulfilled the contract awarded to the firm in 2008.
During a visit to Israel in January, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Ex-Bulgarian Minister of Defence Nikolay Mladenov examined the SandCat up close, followed by meetings with their Israeli counterparts: Benjamin Netanyahu and Ehud Barak.
Yaron Roded, Director for Marketing and Business Development at Plasan, commented: "The SandCat design fits perfectly into today's peacekeeping and HLS tasks, taking into account the emerging threats while maintaining the required flexibility for off-road and on-road mission profile which are so essential for many armies, police, and SWAT teams world-wide."
- » Eight Allies,Including Bulgaria, Join Forces in Romania for Exercise SCORPIONS FURY 18
- » Bulgaria and Armenia Discuss Possibilities For Joint Military Exercises
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Joining the UN Pact on Migration First Must be Discussed in Parliament
- » Austria Accuses Colonel of Spying for Russia for Decades
- » Trump in Paris Slams Macron's 'Insulting' EU Army Proposals
- » The Bulgarian and Romanian Naval Forces Started their Annual Exercise Poseidon 2018