Bulgaria Receives 25 SandCat Armored Vehicles from Israel
The Bulgaria Defense Ministry has received the delivery of 25 SandCat vehicles from the Israeli-based company Plasan.
The armored 4x4 vehicles were delivered after Plasan, in cooperation with Oshkosh Defense, after it fulfilled the contract awarded to the firm in 2008.
During a visit to Israel in January, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Ex-Bulgarian Minister of Defence Nikolay Mladenov examined the SandCat up close, followed by meetings with their Israeli counterparts: Benjamin Netanyahu and Ehud Barak.
Yaron Roded, Director for Marketing and Business Development at Plasan, commented: "The SandCat design fits perfectly into today's peacekeeping and HLS tasks, taking into account the emerging threats while maintaining the required flexibility for off-road and on-road mission profile which are so essential for many armies, police, and SWAT teams world-wide."
- » A Swedish Computer Program Recognizes Potential Terrorists
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Will Take Part in the Munich Security Conference
- » A Regular Meeting of NATO Defense Ministers Begins
- » Sofia Hosts an International Cyber Security Conference (Video)
- » Bulgarian Head of State Will Look at the Annual Analysis of the Armed Forces
- » Bulgaria Boosts Recruitment Effort to Fight Lack of Military Personnel