Bulgaria Popular Caricaturist Karandasha Dies at 86
Bulgaria's popular artist and caricaturist, Tsvetan Tsekov aka Karandasha died Tuesday at the age of 86.
According to Tsekov's son, his father never recovered from injuries after been hit by a tram car in Sofia's Lozenets district in December 2009. The son also disproves earlier reports that Karandasha had gone missing at the end of 2009 and had been later discovered in a hospital.
Tsekov was born on November 24, 1924 in the village Mahalata, near the northern city of Pleven. He graduated in 1948 with a Painting Major from Sofia's Fine Arts Academy from the class of renown Bulgarian painter, Dechko Uzunov.
Karandasha is one of the founders and editors of the popular Bulgarian comic newspaper “Starshel” (Hornet). He is know for his caricatures in the publication and his work on book illustrations and banners.
- » Bulgarian Actor Ivan Laskin Passed Away
- » Bernardo Bertolucci, Oscar-Winning Director of ‘The Last Emperor,’ Dies at 77
- » 'The Real Super Mario' Dies Aged 84
- » Dimitar Petrov, the Director of Beloved Bulgarian Films has Passed Away
- » Charles Aznavour, French Singing Star, Dies at 94
- » Burt Reynolds: Hollywood Star Dies at 82