Bulgaria Agriculture Fund Officials Suspected of Organized Crime
Bulgaria Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, has stated that the six investigated officials from the State Fund ‘Agriculture’ are under suspicion of working for an organized criminal group.
Naydenov, who is on a working visit to Berlin, told reporters that the investigation was taken over from the Management of the Fund by prosecutors, as it involved the search for illegal documents at the homes of the SFA officials.
Unofficial alleged information suggested that Velin Velev, the head of negotiations at the SFA, was fired Wednesday, after being revealed as one of the 6 investigated officials, all of whom allegedly worked in the EU Program for Rural Development and SAPARD department of the Fund.
Deputy Sofia City Prosecutor Bozhidar Dzhambazov confirmed Wednesday that prosecutors are examining eight projects under the EU Program for Rural Development in the State Fund ‘Agriculture’, Deputy Sofia City Prosecutor Bozhidar Dzhambazov confirmed Wednesday.
Dzhambazov said that Wednesday’s raid by the ‘Economic Police’ on the Fund’s Sofia head office had is the result of a two month investigation. He also added that an address outside Sofia had been searched; however there are currently no pre-trial proceedings against any individuals.
In 2008, Bulgaria saw the blocking of millions of euros under the SAPARD program over violations in the State Agriculture Fund, which also acts as the country’s SAPARD Executive Agency.
- » Former Counter-intelligence Expert is Convinced the Terrorist from New Zealand had Contacts with Bulgarians
- » The Police Found Dead the Man who Killed his Wife in Botevgrad
- » Murder in Botevgrad: Man Suspected of Stabbing his Wife to Death
- » Norwegian Student Stabbed a Teacher and Three Other School Officials
- » Bulgarian Citizen Attacked Passersby and Policeman in a Park in Rome
- » Bulgarian Customs Officials Seized 7200 Liters of Alcohol in Cans Packaged as Coconut Milk
Taking mutri to court is ineffectual. They never end up in prison. Bulgaria has to apply the only lash that really stings--economic reprisal. Take away their ill-gotten gains. They should be easy to spot--mutri are vulgar and exhibit disgusting lack or taste and breeding.