Russian-Made Matryoshka Dolls of Borisov Hit Stalls in Bulgaria
Matryoshka dolls of current Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov have appeared on sale in downtown Sofia in the first days of 2010.
The Borisov matryoshka dolls are made in Russia, and are sold in front of the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in the Bulgarian capital.
The interior of the Borisov matryoshka dolls contains progressively smaller figures of former Bulgarian Pirme Ministers – Sergey Stanishev and Simeon Saxe-Coburg, and even going as far back as the state communist leaders Todor Zhivkov and Georgi Dimitrov.
The Borisov matryoshkas cost BGN 40. According to the people sailing them, however, the most popular matryoshka dolls in Sofia are those of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi because of the large number of Italian tourists coming to the Bulgarian capital recently.
- » Croatia Airlines Launches Bulgaria-Croatia Direct Flights from May 1st
- » 1,302.5 Thousand Bulgarians Made Tourism Trips in Q4 of 2019
- » Bulgaria is among the EU Countries with the Worst Rail Transport
- » EUR 3.7 Billion is the Revenue from International Tourism in Bulgaria in 2019
- » Gulf Times: Qatar Airways signs Joint Flight Agreement with Bulgaria Air
- » Croatian Airlines to Operate Flights to Sofia and Podgorica