Russian-Made Matryoshka Dolls of Borisov Hit Stalls in Bulgaria
Matryoshka dolls of current Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov have appeared on sale in downtown Sofia in the first days of 2010.
The Borisov matryoshka dolls are made in Russia, and are sold in front of the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in the Bulgarian capital.
The interior of the Borisov matryoshka dolls contains progressively smaller figures of former Bulgarian Pirme Ministers – Sergey Stanishev and Simeon Saxe-Coburg, and even going as far back as the state communist leaders Todor Zhivkov and Georgi Dimitrov.
The Borisov matryoshkas cost BGN 40. According to the people sailing them, however, the most popular matryoshka dolls in Sofia are those of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi because of the large number of Italian tourists coming to the Bulgarian capital recently.
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule
- » British Airways Cancels Flights on September 27 Due to Pilot Strike
- » Total Number of the Nights Spent in All Accommodation Establishments Registered in July 2019 Was 5 952.1 Thousand
- » Emergency Landing of a Finnair Plane Due to the Death of a Passenger on Board
- » British Airways Pilots Launched a 48-Hour Strike
- » Saudi Arabia Is Opening to Tourists