Bulgaria Tourism Revenue Grows by 2,5% in January-November
Bulgaria’s revenue from the visits of foreign tourists grew by 2,5% in the first 11 months of 2009 compared to the same period of 2008.
This was announced Tuesday by the Ministry of Economy, Energy, and Tourism.
At the same time, however, the number of foreign tourists visiting Bulgaria in January-November 2009 declined by 0,4% year-on-year. A total of 5 498 076 foreign citizens visited Bulgaria in that period, not counting those who transited the country. They are counted as tourists under the definitions of the World Tourism Organization and the EC.
Bulgaria’s foreign tourism revenue amounted to EUR 2,385 B in the first ten months of 2009, which is 1,5% more than in the first ten months of 2008.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Travel Quarantine Rules in Bulgaria, Greece, Germany, Spain, France and other Countries
- » Finnair: Half of Our Customers Planning Leisure Trips by Air, Flights within Europe First Choice
- » Tourism Minister Angelkova: Bulgaria is a Safe Holiday Destination, Tourist Season Starts on July 1
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria: Movement within EU to be Restored on June 15
- » Dr. Kunchev: Bulgaria and our Black Sea Coast Will be the Safest Places in Europe
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova: The Indoor Restaurants will Open on June 1