Bulgaria Tourism Revenue Grows by 2,5% in January-November
Bulgaria’s revenue from the visits of foreign tourists grew by 2,5% in the first 11 months of 2009 compared to the same period of 2008.
This was announced Tuesday by the Ministry of Economy, Energy, and Tourism.
At the same time, however, the number of foreign tourists visiting Bulgaria in January-November 2009 declined by 0,4% year-on-year. A total of 5 498 076 foreign citizens visited Bulgaria in that period, not counting those who transited the country. They are counted as tourists under the definitions of the World Tourism Organization and the EC.
Bulgaria’s foreign tourism revenue amounted to EUR 2,385 B in the first ten months of 2009, which is 1,5% more than in the first ten months of 2008.
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards
- » On Independence Day: BDZ Launches Retro Train
- » Bulgaria Is the Third Most Attractive Destination for Foreigners in the Region
- » Turkish Airlines Adds Direct Flights to the Vietnamese Cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule
- » British Airways Cancels Flights on September 27 Due to Pilot Strike