Light Earthquake Registered in Bulgaria Pirin Mountain
A light, 2,4 magnitude on the Richter scale earthquake was registered in Bulgaria by the European Seismology Institute Sunday.
The epicenter is in the central part of the Pirin Mountain, 109 km southwest of the city of Plovdiv and 15 km northwest of the town of Gotse Delchev. The tremors were registered at 4:36 am. There are no reports of injuries and damage.
The Bulgarian Seismology Institute at the Academy of Sciences confirmed the earthquake, but pointed out that shocks of similar magnitude happen daily and the chances of them being felt by the population are slim, for this reason there is no need to announce such earthquakes and stir panic.
- » Code Yellow Warning for Fog has been Issued for 20 Bulgarian Regions Today
- » Elevated Levels of Fine Particulate Matter is Sofia
- » Weather Forecast: Fogs, Maximum Temperatures between 0C and 5C
- » Rain in Australia Caused Flooding (VIDEO)
- » Strong Earthquake Shook China
- » Two People were Killed after Volcanic Eruption in Philippines