Hurricane-Like Winds Hit Bulgaria's Vratsa
Winds with speeds up to 22 meters per second hit Bulgaria’s northern city of Vratsa early Christmas morning.
The City Hall emergency team reports that there are no injured people, just material damage over fallen trees.
A tree fell at the road exit towards the city of Montana. The Civil Defense employees are working to remove it, but traffic had not been stopped.
Trees have fallen in downtown as well, while the winds have blown parts of roofs and have broken Christmas lights and decorations. Some areas of downtown have lost power.
The Civil Defense warns about danger from flying objects and broken power lines. All passing through the city Friday are advised to use extreme caution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Orange Code for Hot Weather in 7 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 48 Settlements Without Water, 28 Cows Die After Drinking Water from Maritsa's River
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 28: Sunny and Warm
- » Fox Steals More Than 100 Shoes from a Neighborhood in Berlin
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Western Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Danger of Hail in Parts of the Country