GRIP Report Implicates Bulgaria in Weapons Trafficking
The organization Group for Research and Information on Peace and Security (GRIP) had implicated Bulgaria in large scale illegal arms trafficking.
A GRIP report, cited by Belgium media, informs that Bulgaria is supplying arms to the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia (AUC) group, which is considered a terrorist organization by the European Union. The report points out that 27% of the weapons used by AUC come from the EU while Bulgaria is the top EU supplier with nearly 19% followed by Belgium - a distant second with 7,23%.
The GRIP reports, published by the Ideas for Peace Foundation has been financed by the Belgium Foreign Ministry.
- » Computer Scammers Have Stolen Tens of Millions from over 47 Companies Worldwide
- » Six Romanians Were Accused of Raping their Own Children
- » Europol Has Shut Down over 30,000 Web Pages for Intellectual Property Infringement
- » Customs Officers Seized Fake Sneakers and Wallets from China with a Market Value of More than BGN 4 Million
- » 10 People Were Injured in a Shooting in New Orleans
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Disrupted a Crime Group for Production of Skimming Devices for Siphoning off Debit Bank Card