Bulgaria to Start Work on Northern Highway Hemus 2011
Bulgaria is going to start work on the actual concession of the northern highway “Hemus” in 2011 at the earlier.
This has been announced Monday by Regional Development Minister, Rosen Plevneliev, who said that at least 2 years were needed for preparing the tender for the concession of the highway which is to connect the capital Sofia to the Black Sea port of Varna through Northern Bulgaria.
Plevneliev explained that experts from three different Bulgarian Ministers and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development had already started work on preparing the concessions for the construction of the Hemus Highway.
In his words, the exact route of the future highway is still unclear, and is yet to be decided.
One the westernmost (between Sofia and Yablanitsa) and the easternmost (between Varna and Shumen) parts of the Hemus Highway have been completed.
Plevneliev said the western part of the highway between the town of Yablanitsa and the city of Veliko Tarnovo was a priority, and so was the connection between Veliko Tarnovo and the Danube city of Ruse because of the high volume of traffic along that route connecting Sofia to the Port of Ruse. In comparison the Veliko Tarnovo-Shumen part had smaller volume of traffic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Growth in Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Asen Vassilev: Within 2 weeks Bulgaria will have a Draft Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit
- » Over 75% of Bulgarians have Difficulty covering their Daily Expenses
- » The EC Plans to Extend the Ban of Imports of Ukrainian Wheat to Bulgaria and 4 more countries
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom