Bulgaria Police Busts Major Cigarette Contraband Ring
Employees of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry, along with Customs agents have busted a major cigarette contraband ring.
The information was announced Saturday by both institutions’ press centers.
The tax that would have been lost for the State budget from the cigarettes is estimated at BGN 650 000 while the value of the 225 000 packs of cigarettes exceeds BGN 1 M.
The cigarettes of the brands “Marlboro,” “Victory,” “Prestige,” and the Chinese "Chunghwa" have been discovered Thursday in Sofia’s “Slatina” district.
The cigarettes were found in a storage, rented by a man with a criminal record, and in a “Volvo” truck parked nearby.
The Interior says the cigarettes were destined for Bulgaria’s black market, not for import.
3 men without criminal records have been arrested during the raid.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District