Bulgaria Police Prevent Bank Theft by Shooting at Robbers
Officers from the police station in the north west Bulgarian village of Hairedin foiled an attempted robbery of a local branch of DSK Bank early on Wednesday.
The bank’s security system was triggered at around 4.30 am. Two policemen who went to the scene in response discovered three men inside the bank and another two waiting outside for them.
The disguised robbers ignored the policemen’s warning to freeze; instead, they threw a metal bar at one of the armed officers, who fired off a few rounds, the Vratsa branch of the Interior Ministry has announced.
Nothing was stolen from the bank, according to the police.
The robbers and their vehicle were later detained by special police forces, on the road between Vratsa and Byala Slatina.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 81 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Bulgaria in One Day
- » Bulgaria: Mass Poisoning of Dogs and Cats in a Plovdiv village
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed