PRESIDENT LAID THE FOUNDATION OF PAISIY HILENDARSKI CENTRE
Society | June 21, 2002, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
President Parvanov turned the first sod of the cultural-historical centre Saint Paisiy Hilendarski at the town of Bansko, where he was on the occasion of the 240th anniversary of Istoriya Slavyanobolgarskaiya. In his speech before the citizens President Parvanov defined Paisiy as the first Bulgarian writer and historian, the greatest Bulgarian patriot who put the beginning of the Bulgarian Revival. Istoriya Slavyanobolgarskaiya is the first political program of the national struggles of the Bulgarian people, which predetermined the success after that, he said. The memorial complex Saint Paisiy Hilendarski will be built on the site of his birthplace. Precise copies of his cell at Hilendarski Monastery and the chapel Saint Ivan Rilski will be part of the complex.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » About 5,000 Bulgarian Students Go to WAT Programs in the US Each Year
- » About BGN 4.6 million Has Been Allocated by the Government Under 3 Education Programs
- » Bulgaria Has Met 74% of its National Energy Savings Target by 2020.
- » We Are Buying More Imported Pork
- » EU Budget for 2020: More Money for the Climate Change
- » A Technical Issue Allows Samsung Galaxy S10 to Be Unlocked with Anyone's Thumbprint