Bulgaria PM: No Deal with Rightists for Deputy Sofia Mayor Post
Bulgaria PM Boyko Borisov has stated that he “believes in the instinct of the Bulgarian people for self-preservation” after seeing his ruling center-right GERB party dominate the partial local elections on Sunday.
Borisov, speaking after final results showed that GERB had won the Mayor elections in Sofia, Pancharevo, Vrasta and Pravets, said that his party’s voters had turned out just to beat the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP).
Regarding the candidate of the BSP candidate in Sofia - Georgi Kadiev – Borisov added sarcastically that “some people don’t seem to know the results of the elections, if you look at him it seems he thinks he actually won... BSP led this country to poverty and chaos now we have to recover.”
Borisov concluded that GERB has “no deal with any other rightist party” (Blue Coalition and Ataka), who supported the GERB candidate and new Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova, for the position of Deputy Sofia Mayor.
- » US Ambassador to Work on Trump Visit to Bulgaria
- » The Bulgaria 2009 Review: Elections
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Party Wins By-election Runoffs - Report
- » Bulgaria’s Razlog Holds Mayor By-Elections Runoff
- » Bulgaria GERB Party with Most Frugal Mayor Election Campaign
- » Bulgaria Conservative RZS Party Takes Sofia Elections to Court