PLOVDIV DEMANDS EQUAL STATUTE WITH THE CAPITAL
Politics | July 17, 2001, Tuesday // 00:00
Plovdiv Mayor Dr Ivan Chomakov demanded the town to be granted a special statute while forming the budget and the territorial structuring by analogy of Sofia. It took place yesterday during a meeting between the mayor and Plovdiv MPs from all political forces. `We have a social contract with the electorate requiring from us with no regard to our political affiliation to resolve the problems of Plovdiv.` Thus Dr Chomakov explained the topic of the meeting and handed in to each one of the MPs the plan on the stable development of Plovdiv where the priorities are fixed up. Milen Velev from NMS II, Ivan Kostov from UtdDF and Ognyan Saparev from BSP spurned the invitation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Von der Leyen: The Strengthening of the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a priority against Migration
- » The Austrian President: Bulgaria is ready for Schengen
- » Bulgaria’s MFA condemned the Decision of North Macedonia to Erase a Bulgarian Association
- » Bulgaria’s President: When we Sell Weapons to Other Countries, We will Set Conditions so that they don’t Reach Ukraine
- » Asylum Applicants in 2022 Increase by 64% in EU, by 86% in Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria and 9 other ЕU Countries are not Participating in the Joint Procurement of Ammunition for Ukraine