Bulgaria Eco Minister Announces Drastic Management Changes
Significant changes are forthcoming in the regulations of the Bulgarian Ministry of Environment and Waters and the Ministry’s management.
The news was announced by Environmental Minister, Nona Karadzhova, who spoke Saturday in an interview for Darik radio.
Karadzhova said that high ranking positions at the Environment Ministry’s Regional Inspectorates and the National Parks Directorates, until now, have been filled without any competition, something she vowed to change.
The new hiring policy is imposed not only over numerous signals for poor work performance, some of which have been valid, but just over normal, contemporary hiring trends.
In 15 days, all regional directors will be dismissed and the job competitions will be announced, Karadzhova promised.
In the meantime, the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) reported, also on Saturday, that the Environmental Minister believes there is an urgent need to alter the procedure used for the environmental assessment of investment projects.
Karadzhova says the four procedures initiated against Bulgaria by Brussels over ecology problems are stark example of why Bulgaria needs those changes, adding the investors now chose their own experts to prepare the environmental report.
- » A Mild Earthquake Was Registered in the Kresna Seismic Zone
- » The Council of the European Union Has Adopted New Rules on Single-Use Plastics
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Rain Showers and Thunder in some Places in Eastern and Mountainous Areas
- » Sunny Weather Today
- » 4.1 Magnitude Earthquake In Romania
- » Three Egyptian Vultures were Brought to the Bulgarian Rhodopes