Expert: Revenue of Bulgaria's Tourism down by 25% in 2009
Bulgaria's tourism sector is going to register a decline of 20-25% in its revenue in 2009 compared to the 2008 levels.
This is the forecast of Rumen Draganov, head of the Institute for Analysis and Estimates in Tourism.
The global economic crisis has forced Bulgaria’s tourism companies to reduce their prices by 10-30%. The revenue decline of tourism business along the Northern Black Sea coast is reported to be about 20%.
The number of tourists who visited the Southern Bulgarian Black Sea coast declined by 12% in 2009 compared to their number in 2008.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Extends Entry Restrictions Until 8 February 2021
- » EU Leaders Agreed to Keep Borders Open, Mull New Restrictions on Travel
- » Greek Tourism Minister: Vaccination Certificate Not Mandatory for Traveling to Greece
- » Bulgarians No Longer Need Negative PCR Test for Entering Serbia
- » For Travelers’ Attention: Mandatory Online Registration Required for Arrivals in Austria as of January 15
- » What You Must Know Before Traveling to Germany from “Risk Areas”, Coronavirus Tests