Bulgaria Authorities Uncover BGN 1 M Fraud at Belene NPP
Experts from the Bulgarian Interior Ministry and the Economy, Energy and Tourism Ministry uncovered a large-scale fraud at the Belene Nuclear Power Plant (NPP).
The information about the shady deal with scrap worth BGN 1 M was revealed for reporters Wednesday by Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
Tsvetanov explained that the company "VDK 1" was given the opportunity to purchase scrap from Belene for the price of BGN 160 per ton payable to the National Electric Company (NEK), while after subtraction of the transport expenses the price had gone down even further - BGN 110 per ton. The price had been determined by an appraiser - the "Miniconsult - M" company.
The Interior Minister explained that the "Miniconuslt-M" experts were never provided direct access to Belene, never saw the scrap and it was unclear how they determined the price. In the mean time, it was found out that the steel mills in the western town of Radomir and the city of Pernik never received scrap at such low price - the scrap they were sent had the cost of BNG 284 to BGN 304 per ton.
Te documentation on the case is being submitted to the Prosecutor's Office. Similar investigation are ongoing and forthcoming, Tsvetanov said.
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany
- » Drugs Distribution Group in Pleven and Lovech was Busted
- » The Owner of a Large Bulgarian Dairy Company was Arrested for Tax Fraud
- » Hostage Situation in Paris, Suspect Arrested after 4 Hours