World Champion Italy Beat Bulgaria 2:0 in World Cup Qualifier
Current world champion Italy beat Bulgaria 2:0 in a football qualifier for the 2010 South Africa World Cup.
In a rather dynamic match in Turin, Italy, the Bulgarians almost certainly lost their chances to make it to the World Cup, while the Italians guaranteed their first place in the group.
Italy scored both of its goals in the first half of the match. Grosso scored in the 11th minute, and Iaquinta in the 40th minute. The Bulgarians had several near missed but failed to score until the very end.
Bulgaria is third in the group with 11 points, and two matches left against Cyrpus and Georgia. Italy is first with 20 points whereas Ireland is second with 16 points.
The first team in the group qualifies directly for the World Cup. The second would have to play a play-off.
- » The "Golden Girls" of Bulgaria with Gold Medals from the World Challenge Cup
- » China Wins Women's Doubles at ITTF World Tour in Bulgaria
- » Brazil, Bulgaria Win First Matches at Men's Volleyball Olympic Qualification in Varna
- » Changes in Traffic Around National Stadium Due to CSKA - Zorya Luhansk match
- » Woman Wins 4,000-km Bulgaria-France Bike race after Sleeping by Road
- » Grigor Dimitrov Outside of the Top 70 in the World Rankings For the First Time in 7 Years