Bulgaria Hit by Blast of Cold Air
After the record high temperatures Saturday, Bulgaria has been hit Sunday by a blast of cold air and torrential rains.
The daily temperature fell by over 10 degrees C and the forecast is for the weather to remain cold, foggy and rainy in the next days.
The drastic changes are attributed to a cold front bringing thunderstorms, downpours and strong winds.
The National Meteorology and Hydrology Institute had issued a warning for expected significant precipitation over the next 72 hours, up to 40-60 liters per square meter at certain locations.
Over the last 24 hours the heaviest downpours had been registered in northern and northeastern Bulgaria, anywhere between 4 to 18 liters per square meter.
- » Temperatures Will Drop, the Real Summer Is Expected in the Beginning of August
- » Rain Showers Accompanied by Thunder Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures from 25C in Northeast to 35C in Southwest
- » Economic Losses From Bad Weather in Europe in June Will Cost $ 2 billion
- » Sunny with Highs Between 32C and 37C
- » Will the Weather in Bulgaria Surprise us Next Week?
- » Mount Etna WAKES UP