Rock for Rocks - Concert in Support of Bulgaria Belogradchik Wonder
Ken Hensley, best known as member of the famous Uriah Heep, and Bulgarian rock band Sunrise will stage a concert Saturday night in support of the Belogradchik rocks, a nomination in the world's new Seven Wonders ranking.
The nomination did not make it to the final stage of the competition and is now among th reserves, but Bulgarians still hope it has chances of winning should some of its better ranking rivals slip.
The Belogradchik Rocks were competing with 260 other landmarks from 220 nations all across the world. The global campaign is organized by a Switzerland-based NGO.
The Belogradchik Rocks, located near the northwest Bulgarian town of Belogradchik, are miraculous sandstone and limestone rock formations of up to 200 m in height with various shapes resulting from erosion. They form a strip which is 30 km in length and 3 km in width in the northwestern part of the Stara Planina (Balkan) Mountain.
Every single rock is named after a real object that it resembles. The rock range varies in color. The Belogradchik Rocks were declared a natural landmark in 1949. The ancient Belogradchik fortress is also located among the rocks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Wisdom from a Bulgarian Philosopher: By Wearing your Old Clothes, Things won't Work Out
- » Interesting Ways That Bulgaria Is Contributing to the Global Entertainment Industry
- » Croatian National Theater in the Heart of Sofia
- » Historians: Fascism never came to Power in Bulgaria
- » Archangel All Soul’s Day in Bulgaria – We Honor the Dead and the Memory of fallen Bulgarian Soldiers
- » How do Good Luck Charms Differ from Country to Country?