Bulgaria's Coach Stoilov Quits Litex Lovech
Bulgaria national team coach Stanimir Stoilov has resigned as first division Litex Lovech coach following his failure to take the club into the Europa League group stage, the club announced.
"I have to do it because we've failed to achieve our goal," Stoilov said as cited by the club's website. In his words the team didn't fight as he had expected.
After their 1-0 home win against Belarussian champions Bate Borisov, Litex, Bulgarian champions in 1998 and 1999, lost Thursday's return leg 4-0 and failed to qualify.
The 42-year-old Stoilov will remain Bulgarian national team after his re-appointment in February, when he took over from Serbian Miodrag Jesic.
- » Grigor Dimitrov with a New Coach
- » The Most Popular Sports Played in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Is an European Kickboxing Champion
- » Discover These Beautiful Golf Courses In Bulgaria, Perfect For A Tee Time When You Visit
- » Bulgarian Paralympic Team wins two Gold on Day 1 of Dubai 2019 World Para Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play for Bulgaria Again