Bulgaria's Coach Stoilov Quits Litex Lovech
Bulgaria national team coach Stanimir Stoilov has resigned as first division Litex Lovech coach following his failure to take the club into the Europa League group stage, the club announced.
"I have to do it because we've failed to achieve our goal," Stoilov said as cited by the club's website. In his words the team didn't fight as he had expected.
After their 1-0 home win against Belarussian champions Bate Borisov, Litex, Bulgarian champions in 1998 and 1999, lost Thursday's return leg 4-0 and failed to qualify.
The 42-year-old Stoilov will remain Bulgarian national team after his re-appointment in February, when he took over from Serbian Miodrag Jesic.
- » It's Official - Dimitar Berbatov Announced the End of His Football Career
- » The End of an Era! Roger Federer Announced He Is Considering a Retirement
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in Stockholm on October 14
- » Kubrat Pulev Is at the Top of Professional Boxing!
- » EU Volleyball Tournament: Bulgaria Triumphs over Portugal
- » Bulgarian FA Incensed by Southgate's Racism Claims