Wildfire Closes Bulgaria Black Sea Road, Threatens Top Resort
A large wildfire encompassed about 300 decares of coniferous forest right above the Bulgarian top Black Sea resort Sveti Vlas.
The five fire brigade teams have managed to contain the fire that was advancing towards the resort, the Interior Ministry press center announced.
However, the road connecting Bulgaria's two Black Sea cities, Varna and Burgas, has been closed because of the smoke produced by the fire.
The fire brigade was initially alerted that a plot with dry grass was on fire outside of the Sveti Vlas resort; upon arrival, the fire-fighters discovered that the whole forest nearby was on fire.
After the fire was contained, the threat for the Sveti Vlas resort has been avoided.
- » 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali
- » A New Cyclone Is Expected to Cross over Greece Today
- » Broken Clouds in the Morning, Rain Showers in Southern Bulgaria
- » 4.7 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Was Registered in Greece
- » Variable Cloudiness Today in Bulgaria, Rain Showers in the Afternoon
- » Dangerous Precipitation: Orange Code in 18 Areas in Bulgaria