Wildfire Closes Bulgaria Black Sea Road, Threatens Top Resort
A large wildfire encompassed about 300 decares of coniferous forest right above the Bulgarian top Black Sea resort Sveti Vlas.
The five fire brigade teams have managed to contain the fire that was advancing towards the resort, the Interior Ministry press center announced.
However, the road connecting Bulgaria's two Black Sea cities, Varna and Burgas, has been closed because of the smoke produced by the fire.
The fire brigade was initially alerted that a plot with dry grass was on fire outside of the Sveti Vlas resort; upon arrival, the fire-fighters discovered that the whole forest nearby was on fire.
After the fire was contained, the threat for the Sveti Vlas resort has been avoided.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens
- » Lake Varna: Tons of Dead Fish at the Shore, What is the Reason?
- » The Sun Has Not Been This Quiet Since the Ice Age
- » Emergency Declared in Michigan - Two Dams Have Breached