Bulgaria Orthodox Priests Call for Madonna Concert Cancellation
Bulgarian orthodox priests from the city of Plovdiv have called for the cancellation of the US super-star Madonna's concert in Bulgaria on August 29.
They state as a reason the fact that Madonna's performance is on the day on which the Bulgarian Orthodox Church reveres the memory of St John the Baptist.
"The Orthodox Christians fast on this day and the fast is stern - water and bread, abstaining from any worldly pleasures and merry-making", Father Emil Paralingov from St. Paraskeva Church in Plovdiv explained.
He believes the date of the concert should be changed and for this reason the Church needs to interfere, issuing a special statement.
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church has still not expressed an official opinion on the matter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is among the EU countries with the Highest Household Expenditure on Food and Soft Drinks
- » Survey: Every Fifth Bulgarian has been in the Car with a Drunk Driver
- » Ukrainians with Temporary Protection will be able to Stay in Bulgaria until March 4, 2024
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Light Precipitation in Western Bulgaria, Strong Wind in 18 Regions
- » Bulgaria: The Minimum Wage will be 50% of the National Average – When will it be in Effect?