Ambassador: US Companies with Serious Interest in Belene NPP
American companies are interested in the project for the construction of Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant, according to Ambassador John Ordway, the Interim Chargé d'Affaires of the US Embassy in Sofia.
Ambassador Ordway met Thursday with Bulgaria's Foreign Minister, Rumiana Jeleva, stressing that the energy sector remained a priority of the bilateral cooperation.
His Excellency made it clear that the USA was going to continue to support Bulgaria's efforts in key spheres such as combating corruption and organized crime, and judicial reform.
Minister Jeleva raised the question of Bulgaria's inclusion into the US Visa Waiver Program, which she presented as a matter of high public importance.
Ambassador Ordway pointed out that joining the VWP was a complex process that would take time for Bulgaria as it was taking time for Poland and some other EU member states.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus