Ambassador: US Companies with Serious Interest in Belene NPP
American companies are interested in the project for the construction of Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant, according to Ambassador John Ordway, the Interim Chargé d'Affaires of the US Embassy in Sofia.
Ambassador Ordway met Thursday with Bulgaria's Foreign Minister, Rumiana Jeleva, stressing that the energy sector remained a priority of the bilateral cooperation.
His Excellency made it clear that the USA was going to continue to support Bulgaria's efforts in key spheres such as combating corruption and organized crime, and judicial reform.
Minister Jeleva raised the question of Bulgaria's inclusion into the US Visa Waiver Program, which she presented as a matter of high public importance.
Ambassador Ordway pointed out that joining the VWP was a complex process that would take time for Bulgaria as it was taking time for Poland and some other EU member states.
- » US and Greece with New Ambassadors to Bulgaria
- » E.Zaharieva: Bulgaria Wants Constructive Cooperation with Russia
- » Deputy Prime Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva Is Visiting Croatia
- » The New US Ambassador to Bulgaria Replaces Eric Rubin
- » Bulgaria and Cambodia May Activate their Relations
- » France Blocks the Start of EU Membership Talks with Skopje and Tirana