Vaida Ragenaite Wins Riga Mrs Universe Crown
Vaida Ragenaite, a 35-year-old Lithuanian, has been crowned Mrs Universe 2009 at the international competition in Riga, Latvia.
Over 20 nations participated in the event, with the second and third places going to the Belgian Krista Hoeijmans and Camilla Kim-Galvez from the Philippines.
Ragenaite, a financial specialist and mother of two, spends her free time planting roses and painting.
The Mrs World competition is Ragenaite's next stop, taking place in Vietnam in December. It is expected that 50 countries will participate in the event.
The real story of the night though was Galvez, who is a former ABS-CBN reporter, and was the only Asian to enter the top 3 slots, she also bagged the best in evening gown and darling of the press awards during the competition. Galvez wowed the locals after singing a Latvian song.
The Bulgarian participant Ana Ivanova (below) did not come away empty handed, she won the Mrs European Union crown.
- » Celebrate this Valentine’s weekend at the newest InterContinental in Europe!
- » Oscar Nominations Announcement
- » The Last Song of Linkin Park Vocalist Chester Bennington Comes Out
- » Game of Thrones Final Season Now has a Premiere Date and New Teaser
- » Why Playing Online for Real Money is so Appealing
- » Actress Nina Dobrev is in Bulgaria for Christmas