Interim ChargГ© d'Affaires Heads US Embassy to Bulgaria
Ambassador John Ordway is going to serve as the Interim Chargé d'Affaires at the US Embassy in Sofia, the Embassy press service announced Friday.
His Excellency has arrived in Bulgaria on Friday, August 7, and will serve as Interim Chargé d'Affaires until the latter part of this year.
Earlier this year, Ambassador Ordway served as the Chargé d'Affaires in Vienna. His prior ambassadorial posts include the Republic of Kazakhstan from 2004 to 2008, and Armenia, where he served from 2001 to 2004.
"The U.S. Embassy does not have any information on the successor to Nancy McEldowney as U.S. Ambassador to Bulgaria. That announcement will be forthcoming from the Office of the President in the White House," reads the official statement of the Embassy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus