Ambassador McEldowney Leaves Bulgaria-US Relations "Better than Ever"
A day before leaving Bulgaria, the outgoing US Ambassador in Sofia, Nancy McEldowney, said in a departure statement that the bilateral relations had never been better.
Her Excellency is returning to Washington, D.C., in order to become the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State in the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs. Here is the full text of her departure statement:
Departure Statement by Ambassador Nancy McEldowney
July 30, 2009
The relationship between Bulgaria and the United States is better than ever before. Today our strategic partnership encompasses every issue of importance to our governments and our people. From defense collaboration and reform to increased trade and energy security to educational exchanges and joint promotion of democratic principles and rule of law, we stand together as allies and friends.
During my tenure as American Ambassador to Bulgaria, it has been a great privilege to contribute to this partnership. With new governments now in place in both Washington and Sofia, we are well positioned to accelerate and intensify our cooperation and I am confident this will occur in the weeks and months ahead.
I depart Bulgaria deeply gratified by the progress we have achieved together and filled with optimism for the future. I will never forget the warmth, the hospitality, and the true friendship that my family and I encountered throughout this beautiful country. And I know that our common struggle to make the right things happen for and between our countries will lead to ever greater accomplishments.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus
- » The Presidents of Bulgaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis Discussed the Efficient Supplies of Food and Raw Materials in the Conditions of Crisis
- » The Government has Approved a Program for Supporting Bulgarian Communities Abroad
- » Stoltenberg: Bulgaria has Received NATO support in the Fight against COVID-19