Bulgaria Sees Foreign Arrivals Drop by 13% in June
The number of foreign tourists, who visited Bulgaria in June this year, totaled 960,000, marking a 12,7% decrease over the same period in 2008.
Bulgaria remains a preferred destination for tourists from Cyprus (up by 22,2%), Slovenia (21,2%), France (20,6 %), Belgium (18,8%), Austria (13,4%), Poland (13,1%).
The number of visitors from the other EU member states shows a clear trend downwards, particularly Slovakia (down by 38,7%), Hungary (30,3%), Romania (29,2%), Denmark (27%), Finland (25,5%), Sweden (23.5%).
Japanese tourists mark the sharpest decrease among visitors from non-EU member states, their number down by 39.7% over the same period last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Holidays on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast will be between 15 and 30% More Expensive this year
- » Bulgaria: 30% Growth in Bookings for Easter
- » The Third Direct Flight from Bulgaria to Seychelles Landed with 176 Passengers
- » The Number of Foreigners who Visited Bulgaria increased significantly in January
- » The Bulgarian Passport is Ranked 42nd in the World