Bulgaria Parliament Supports Resignation of Stanishev Government
The Bulgarian Parliament has passed the bill for the resignation of the cabinet of ex Bulgaria PM Sergey Stanishev.
The vote signaled the official end of the tri-partite coalition between Stanishev's Bulgarian Socialist Party, the ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DSP) and the party founded by Bulgaria's former Tsar, Simeon Saxe-Coburg (NMSP). 209 MPs voted in favor of the resignation, 1 against and 26 abstained.
Stanishev's cabinet was officially announced on 16 August 2005, at that time 168 MPs voted in support of his choices and only 67 against.
After the handing out of mandates for the 41st National Assembly last week GERB have 116 MPs (26 Majority, 90 Proportional), BSP - 40 Proportional MPs, DPS - 38 MPs (5 Majority, 33 Proportional), Ataka - 21 Proportional MPs, Blue Coalition - 15 Proportional MPs and RZS - 10 Proportional MPs in the new Bulgarian parliament.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections