France Experts Introduce Wine Tours in Bulgaria
Eight Bulgarian wine tours have been selected two French experts - Claude Samson (oenologist), and Pascal Teto (marketing specialist in vine and wine field).
This was announced Tuesday by the Chair of the State Tourist Agency, Aneliya Krushkova, at a press conference introducing the new tourist product, "Wine Tours".
The tours will be used to attract more tourists in the interior of Bulgaria, Krushkova said. The project aims to present different types of wine and culture sights in Bulgaria, she added.
The French experts have studied vines, wine-cellars, and factories, accommodations, restaurant, as well as cultural sights. 51 wine makers in 14 regions have been studies, and during three expeditions, 25 wine-cellars have been visited.
The biggest criticism from the French experts is towards the lack of proper road infrastructure and direction signs, Krushkova said. They have met with representatives of the European Commission in Bulgaria, and have expresses their hopes that the EC will help the country to deal with these issues.
"We did this research in a country of contrasts, of history, and which is a planet of wine. Among the Balkan states, in Bulgaria we met the widest capital for combination of wine, history, culture, religion, and civilization. Everywhere in this country we can connect wine with culture, archeology, and balneotherapy. In the last 20 years, Bulgaria has made a 50-year progress in the field of wine quality. Every tourist sight has its own emotion", Claude Samson said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Holidays on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast will be between 15 and 30% More Expensive this year
- » Bulgaria: 30% Growth in Bookings for Easter
- » The Third Direct Flight from Bulgaria to Seychelles Landed with 176 Passengers
- » The Number of Foreigners who Visited Bulgaria increased significantly in January
- » The Bulgarian Passport is Ranked 42nd in the World