Bulgaria Records 19% Increase in Russian Tourists
Bulgaria's Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister, Milen Keremedchiev, announced Monday that 100 000 Russians have been given tourists since the beginning of 2009.
Keremedchiev praised the Foreign Affairs Ministry and tour operators for increasing the number of Russian tourists who want to spend their holidays in Bulgaria, Darik Radio reported.
At 10am Monday the 100 000th visa was given out to a Russian tourist. This is an increase of 19% for the first 6 months of 2009 year on year. If the trend continues we could see up to 300 000 Russian visas being granted in 2009.
Kremedchiev concluded by stating that the Ministry had not received one complaint from tour operators or Russian citizens regarding the speed at which visa applications were dealt with.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Holidays on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast will be between 15 and 30% More Expensive this year
- » Bulgaria: 30% Growth in Bookings for Easter
- » The Third Direct Flight from Bulgaria to Seychelles Landed with 176 Passengers
- » The Number of Foreigners who Visited Bulgaria increased significantly in January
- » The Bulgarian Passport is Ranked 42nd in the World