ART FESTIVAL IN SWITZERLAND TURNED EYES ON BULGARIA
Society | June 7, 2002, Friday // 00:00
The art festival “Bulgarian Days,” promoting the unique Bulgarian culture, took place from May 23 till June 4 in the Swiss town of La Chaux-de-Fonds. The association “Bulgarian seasons” organized the event. The President of the foundation Mrs. Lea Cohen-Augsburger, also former Bulgaria’s ambassador to Belgium and Switzerland, was the main initiator of the event. The Bulgarian National Television, the daily “24 Hours” and the popular TV show “Oh, these muzzles,” anchored by journalist Ekaterina Genova assisted in the organization of the event. Famous Bulgarian artists and virtuosos took part in the festival. “As people said here, for a short period, it was talked more about Bulgaria than about clocks,” Mrs. Lea Cohen said in an interview for novinite.com, commenting on the interest the festival attracted in Switzerland.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 100 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny, in some places with Rain today
- » Bulgaria: Passengers refused to get off a Plane that landed in Varna instead of Sofia