Bulgaria PM Stanishev Witnesses Crash of His AidesвЂ™ Car
A car of the Bulgarian Council of Ministers crashed in Southwest Bulgaria Wednesday with Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev being a close witness of the accident.
A governmental "Ford" crashed on the E-79 road in the late afternoon as the Prime Minister was returning from meetings with constituents in the towns of Sandanski and Simitli.
The crash occurred as the "Ford", which was the last car in the cortege of Prime Minister Stanishev, was hit by a "Seat" whose driver was trying to overtake a car driving in the opposite direction.
The accident happened some 2 km south of the city of Blagoevgrad.
A woman traveling in the car, who is an employee of the Press Center of the Council of Ministers, was injured.
Two men were also injured as their cars hit the governmental "Ford" in what became a chain crash.
All three injured people have been taken to the emergency room of the hospital in the southwest city of Blagoevgrad.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister, who had just opened a new kindergarten in Simitli, named after "Winnie the Pooh", is intact.
The police are investigating which one of the drivers is responsible for the crash.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 186 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy but Warm Weather in Bulgaria today
- » A Robotic Assistant cleans Sofia Airport
- » At First Reading: The Minimum Wage in Bulgaria becomes 850 Leva or 435 Euros
- » Over 75% of Households in Bulgaria have Difficulty covering their Daily Expenses
- » Bulgarian Students celebrate December 8