Romanian Tourists in Bulgaria Grow by 80% in January-April 2009
The number of Romanian tourists visiting Bulgaria increased by 80% in the first four months of 2009 compared to the same period of 2008.
The news was announced by Bulgaria's Tourism Agency head, Aneliya Krushkova, who also said tourists from Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, and the Czech Republic showed increased interests in holidays in Bulgaria.
According to Krushkova, there was no reason for concern that the summer tourist season in Bulgaria would suffer by the global financial crisis because data from bookings with tour operators showed sustainable figures.
In her words, the owners of hotels far from the beach would be affected the most by any reduction in the number of tourists, whereas hotels located on the coast as well as in the interior of the country would not be affected.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Puts the Island of Poros under Curfew After Rise in Coronavirus Cases
- » Mandatory PCR Test for Bulgarians From Three Districts Entering Germany
- » 70 Euros for COVID-19 Test at the Thessaloniki Airport
- » August 8: Switzerland Lifts Quarantine Requirenment for People Coming from Bulgaria but Norway Introduces It
- » Norway: Mandatory Quarantine for People Arriving from France, Switzerland and the Czech Republic
- » Entering Greece by Land at Night Can be Done Only Through "Kulata - Promahon" Border Checkpoint