No-Frills Wizz Air Orders 50 Airbus A320s
The low cost Wizz Air company, which operates a number of flights from Bulgaria, announced it has ordered 50 more A320s taking their total orders up to 132 aircraft.
The new A320 order will allow Wizz Air to expand its network established at eleven operating bases, in Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine and Czech Republic and to add new destinations to its 130 existing routes.
The company hopes that the new additions to the fleet will help it reinforce its position as the leading airline in the region over the next decade.
The planes will be supplied from 2014 till March 2017 and their price totals USD 3,8 B.
"The new order is consistent with our growth plan and underpins our aspiration to become the airline of choice in Central and Eastern Europe. The aircraft economics of the Airbus A320 is instrumental for us to deliver the business at the lowest possible cost in order to make our low fares accessible to an ever increasing customer base," said József Váradi, Chief Executive Officer of Wizz Air.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Extends Requrements for a Negative PCR Test for Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister: Tour Operators and Travel Agents Will Be Supported With BGN 10 Million
- » Belgium: Passengers Arriving from Two Regions of Bulgaria with Mandatory Quarantine
- » First Underwater Archeological Museum Opened in Greece
- » Ban On the Landing of Airplanes From Bulgaria at Vienna Airport Has Been Lifted
- » Italy Extends Mandatory Quarantine for All Arriving from Bulgaria