Bulgaria's Belogradchik Rocks to Get Night Lighting
Bulgaria's Belogradchik Municipality and the Energy Efficiency Agency (AEE), a government body, are going to cooperate in order to provide lighting for the world-famous Belogradchik Rocks.
The AEE Director, Tasko Ermenkov, and the Belogradchik Mayor, Emil Tsankov, signed Thursday a three-year cooperation agreement.
One of the goals of the project is to make the northwest town of Belogradchik an energy efficient municipality, the other is to make the Belogradchik Rocks - marvelous rock formations stretching for about 30 km in Northwest Bulgaria - even more spectacular by providing their central part with night lighting.
This part of the joint project might be completed as early as the end of 2009. The Belogradchik Rocks are currently competing in the New 7 Wonders of the World ranking and hold the third position in their category after being number one for several months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Extends Requrements for a Negative PCR Test for Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister: Tour Operators and Travel Agents Will Be Supported With BGN 10 Million
- » Belgium: Passengers Arriving from Two Regions of Bulgaria with Mandatory Quarantine
- » First Underwater Archeological Museum Opened in Greece
- » Ban On the Landing of Airplanes From Bulgaria at Vienna Airport Has Been Lifted
- » Italy Extends Mandatory Quarantine for All Arriving from Bulgaria