LATINO ROCK STAR MANU CHAO TO PERFORM IN SOFIA
Society | June 4, 2002, Tuesday // 00:00
The world-famous Latino rock star Manu Chao arrived in Sofia for his concert June 5 at the Winter Sports Palace. According to the organizers the concert can continue from 0ne hour and a half to four hours, depending on the mood of the audience. With his eight-member band “ Radio Bemba Sound City” he will perform some songs from the repertoire of his previous formation. Two groups - Wickeda and Shkoda - will warm up the audience for some twenty hours with music, sticking to the style of the street musicians and improvising. One day earlier Manu Chao performed in Skopje, where he is coming from by bus with fully equipped bedrooms. On the official site of Manu Chao one can find part of the Bulgarian map, martenitsi, and Bulgarian stamps. Manu Chao’s stay in Sofia will be the longest since his Eastern European tour started May 17. While he is in Bulgaria a documentary will be shot, directed by Mark Bushro. Bushro is the author of the film on Manu’s participation in the anti-globalist concert, performed in July in Genoa at the meeting of G-8. He is known for his provocative artistic performances.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: New Earthquake near Plovdiv
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 66 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains
- » An Early Warning system for Disasters and Accidents is being developed in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Southwestern Regions