Ireland Solve Goalkeeper Crisis ahead of Bulgaria Trip
Ireland have solved their goalkeeper crisis by calling up Wayne Henderson and Colin Doyle to their squad for Saturday's 2010 World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria.
Goalkeepers Henderson and Doyle will be among the Irish players to reconvene in London this morning, 48 hours before they are due to depart for Sofia.
The pair were officially added to the squad on Monday due the departure of Dean Kiely from the group last week and the unavailability this weekend of Keiren Westwood.
The pair, who have seven caps between them, will provide back-up to Shay Given who had been struggling with a hip injury last week prior to being cleared to play the first half of Friday's game against Nigeria.
Meanwhile Sean St Ledger could start with Richard Dunne in the centre with John O'Shea moving to right back.
Dunne remains in the dark as to who it is who will partner him at the Vasil Levski stadium but, he acknowledges, the newcomer certainly did well enough on Friday to leave the manager with a decision to make.
Dunne concluded by stating; "We feel that if we win, it will give us a great chance of qualifying."
- » Bulgarian Katrin Taseva with Gold and Bronze of Grand Prix in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Daniel Asenov is European Boxing Champion for the Sixth Time
- » WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
- » Petar Stoychev - 200 m Swimming Below Zero
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Ready to Return for the Masters Game in Miami
- » For the First time, Bulgarian Became the World Vice Champion in the Biathlon