Last Titanic Survivor Dies at 97
Elizabeth Gladis Dean, the last known survivor from the Titanic, has died at the age of 97.
Dean, who is also known as Millvina Dean, died Sunday at a nursing home near Southampton, England - the port where her family boarded the legendary ocean liner Titanic, BGNES reported.
Dean was two months old when she sailed on the Titanic in 1912. When the liner sank after hitting an iceberg, Dean was saved together with her brother and mother but her father perished.
Dean did not know that she was on the Titanic until she was aged 8 when her mother told her. Dean's family wanted to emigrate to Kansas but after the tragedy eventually the family came back to England. Dean never married and has no children.
- » The EU Postpones Brexit until May 22 if the London Government Approves the Divorce Deal
- » Three Explosions in Kabul, there are Casualties and Injuries
- » The EU Fined Google with 1.49 Billion Euros
- » Kazakhstan Renames their Capital after Ex-president
- » Greece Has Announced the Exact Route of the New Zealand Striker to the Country
- » EC: The Situation on the Balkan Refugee Route is Stable