Last Titanic Survivor Dies at 97
Elizabeth Gladis Dean, the last known survivor from the Titanic, has died at the age of 97.
Dean, who is also known as Millvina Dean, died Sunday at a nursing home near Southampton, England - the port where her family boarded the legendary ocean liner Titanic, BGNES reported.
Dean was two months old when she sailed on the Titanic in 1912. When the liner sank after hitting an iceberg, Dean was saved together with her brother and mother but her father perished.
Dean did not know that she was on the Titanic until she was aged 8 when her mother told her. Dean's family wanted to emigrate to Kansas but after the tragedy eventually the family came back to England. Dean never married and has no children.
- » Protests in front of Hong Kong Consulates Before the G20 Meeting
- » North Korea Won't Surrender to US Sanctions
- » The Strasbourg Court Recognized Italy's Right not to Accept Migrants
- » Turkey is Again the Country with the Most Refugees in the World
- » The Supreme Electoral Council: Ekrem Imamoglu is the New Mayor of Istanbul
- » Donald Trump Sent an “Excellent” Letter to the North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un