Bulgaria to Welcome 30 Million Foreign Tourists in 2020
Bulgaria is going to see a dramatic increase in the visits of foreign tourists whose number will reach 30 million in 2020.
This forecast has been made during a tourism forum in Sofia by Barbara Page-Roberts, a marketing consultant based in Nevada and Bulgaria, who is currently the Director of an EU-funded project of the Bulgarian Business Leaders Forum entitled "Corporate Social Responsibility in the Tourism Industry in Bulgaria - the Facts and the Future".
According to Page-Roberts, who is also the Chair of the Initiatives for International Development NGO, the share of tourism in Bulgaria's GDP was 18% but is going to increase tangibly.
Page-Roberts believes the main issues confronting Bulgaria's tourism sector was the lack of business standards and efficient anti-corruption measures, the bad infrastructure as well as the street stalls in most Bulgarian resorts, BTA reported.
Page-Roberts cited a World Tourism Organization study showing that Bulgarian resort staff did not treat well fellow Bulgarians while foreign visitors were satisfied with the service.
Another issue, according to the study, was that Bulgarian winter resorts lacked entertainment opportunities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Puts the Island of Poros under Curfew After Rise in Coronavirus Cases
- » Mandatory PCR Test for Bulgarians From Three Districts Entering Germany
- » 70 Euros for COVID-19 Test at the Thessaloniki Airport
- » August 8: Switzerland Lifts Quarantine Requirenment for People Coming from Bulgaria but Norway Introduces It
- » Norway: Mandatory Quarantine for People Arriving from France, Switzerland and the Czech Republic
- » Entering Greece by Land at Night Can be Done Only Through "Kulata - Promahon" Border Checkpoint