Bulgaria Registers April Decrease in Foreign Visitors
Foreign visitor numbers to Bulgaria decreased by 5,4 % in April compared to the same month last year.
The National Statistical Institute (NSI) reported Wednesday that 485 817 foreigners visited Bulgaria in April with large year on year decreases in visitors from Denmark (37,6%), Serbia (27%), Japan (22%), France (17,3%) and Greece (16.3%). Bulgaria also saw drops in Spanish and German visitors.
Bulgaria registered increases in the number of visitors from the Ukraine (22,4%) and Norway (18,4%). Most of the visitors came for holiday and recreational purposes (33,8%) and professional purposes (22.9%).
Meanwhile, Bulgarians trips abroad increased 5,9 % year on year, with large increase to Greece (76.2%), Portugal (66.4%) and Romania (33.9%).
Bulgarians however did not visit more distant countries as much, with huge decreases in trips to the US (49.6%) and Japan (67,4%) as well as to the Nordic countries of Sweden, Finland and Denmark who all saw an almost 50% drop.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC Approves BGN 30 Million Grants for Bulgarian Coach Companies
- » A Tour of Sofia by Travel Diary - Greek traveling TV show
- » COVID-19 Will Cost 132 Billion Euro to Airlines Worldwide
- » 11 Million Tourists Visited Turkey in 10 Months, Russians - 2 Million, Bulgarians in Third Place with 1 Million
- » Negative PCR Tests Mandatory for Passengers Arriving to Spain from 65 Countries, Bulgaria Including
- » Richard Alibegov: One-Month Lockdown Will Mean End to Clubs and Restaurant Business in Bulgaria