Bulgaria Introduces BGN 100 - 250 Vehicles Eco Tax
Bulgaria will introduce an environmental tax between BGN 100 and BGN 250 for vehicles instead of the excise which will not be any more paid from 2010.
This was announced by Bulgaria's Deputy Environmental Minister, Chavdar Georgiev, 24 Chasa (24 Hours) reported Friday.
Currently, Bulgarian owners of cars over 163 horse powers, or 120 kW, must pay a single excise duty. Its amount varies from less than BGN 1000 to over BGN 20 000, depending on the car age and power.
The issue is a collision between European Union and Bulgarian Legislation in that field. There is an ongoing case against Bulgaria in the Court of Justice of the European Communities on the matter.
After the changes the environmental tax for vehicles produced before 1992 will be around BGN 250, and this for new ones will be BGN 100.
The exact amount of the taxes will be clear in two weeks, Georgiev said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 3 Black Sea Coastal Areas Received 'Protected zone' Status
- » Yellow Code for High Temperatures in Bulgaria, up to 40 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Hottest July Week is Coming
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Calm
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Dry Period Begins
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rainfall in Western and Northern Bulgaria