50 000 Bulgaria Diabetics to Be Left Without Insulin
50 000 Bulgarian diabetics may be left without the life saving insulin they need from June 1, 2009.
The healthcare company Novo Nordisk has refused to sign a contract with The National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK) over the new lower prices offered by the Bulgarian side.
If until Thursday there is no agreement, the diabetics will have to switch to another type of insulin, NZOK Director, Rumyana Todorova, said.
Some patients, however, may not get used to the new insulin, and will have to be hospitalized.
"Each change in the type of insulin leads to very serious negative medical effects for patient, and they have to struggle for their lives. The Health Minister must say his final word and do not leave the decision to some committees", chair of the "Diabetes" association, Dimitar Bogdanov, commented.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 13 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: 118 Snow Plows Work the Roads in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Over 10,000 Kukeri from the Balkans Chase Away Evil at the Surva Festival in Pernik (PHOTOS)
- » Missing in Bulgaria: Volunteers in Stara Zagora are Looking for 20-year-old Martin
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Bulgarian Parliament decided: Free Textbooks for Students from Grades 1 to 12