MEMORY OF HEROES WHO DIED FOR BULGARIA’S FREEDOM HONOURED
Society | June 2, 2002, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
On June 2 at 12 pm sharp the traffic in the entire country was halted for one minute. Exactly at noon the sirens in all Bulgarian town and villages were turned on to honor the memory of Hristo Botev and all those who perished for the freedom of Bulgaria. The town of Vratsa, where Botev died, welcomed guests from Bulgaria and abroad who paid tribute to the great revolutionary. President Georgi Parvanov attended the ceremony. On June 2 in 1876 the Bulgarian poet and hero Hristo Botev died on the Vola peak. In Vienna he formed and headed a group of young revolutionaries to support the National rebellion against the Turkish Empire. The rebels took control over the Radetsky ship and landed upon Bulgarian soil. There was a betrayal and the Turkish soldiers defeated the group. After some days of battles Botev was killed.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Minister Neno Dimov: We have Made Significant Progress in Regards to Air Quality During the EU Presidency
- » A Car Hit Two Buses with Children Near Anton Village, Western Bulgaria
- » The 6-year-old Bulgarian Girl, whose Parents were Killed in Cape Town, Returned to Bulgaria
- » Two-year-old Girl was Severely Bitten by a Dog
- » A Collector from Varna Gathered 21 000 Tickets for Public Transport
- » BGN 2340 per Month are Needed for or a Normal Life of a Family of Four in Bulgaria
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)