Bulgaria's Pavlikeni Roma Shout-out Death Toll Rises to 2
28-year-old, Mincho Minchev, died in the hospital in the city of Veliko Tarnovo Saturday.
Minchev was severely wounded during a shoot-out in the Roma neighborhood of the northern town of Pavlikeni Wednesday.
Minchev's father - 48-year-old Zahari died on the spot.
Three people, who have also been injured during the incident, remain in the hospital. All three are cousins.
The deceased is the father of three young children.
Police has detained a 36-year-old man, who allegedly started the frenzied attack when a group of Roma insisted on entering his house. The man shot the victims with an illegally owned rifle.
Both the attacker and the casualties were drunk at the time of the accident, which occurred late in the evening as the Roma neighborhood was celebrating Georgiovden.
Family feud is believed to have prompted the shooting spree.
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria
- » Three Boys from Kardzhali Stole 80 Kilos of Ice Cream
- » Bulgarian Law Enforcers Dismantle Counterfeit Euro Ring
- » A US Court Condemned an Ukrainian Woman for Child Pornography
- » 25 Members of Drug Gang are Internationally Wanted