Bulgaria Protected Birds Enjoy New Offspring
A new generation of pelicans is already populating the "Srebarna" reserve in northeastern Bulgaria.
Over 70 pelican couples returned in the spring to their home - the "Srebarna" lake.
Naturalists say it is still difficult to determine the exact number of the new pelicans because the parents hide their young offspring carefully.
The colony is being monitored on a daily basis to prevent last year's wild hogs' attacks.
The refuge is also the home of other protected birds such as rare species of swans, herons, geese, and others.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
- » Bulgaria: Nevestino Villagers Start Strouma River Cleanup on Their Own
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria Tonight
- » Yellow Code for Dangerous Cold Weather in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Freezing Weekend
- » Bulgaria after Flood Disaster: Tons of Urban Waste Clog Rivers across the Country